Sunday, January 12, 2014

Learning to Speak Greek Post 12

     Things have been going along well with my project. In my last post I talked about learning numbers and the alphabet. The numbers are coming along very well, but the alphabet has proven to be very difficult.
     The letters aren't like anything I've ever seen before and I have a hard time making them stick in my brain, but the numbers seem to be sticking very well. I can recite up to fifty off the top of my head.
      Last week in class (well, the two days we were in school) we talked about Ted X talks. Each of us are going to have to give one at the end of the year. Personally, I am terrified by that thought, but I'm just going to have to get over it.
      Mr. Provenzano showed us a video of a kid who gave an AMAZING Ted X talk. I don't believe that mine will even compare to him, but as I begin to plan my speech I am going to try to make mine just as good as his. I plan to talk about how important it is to learn about other cultures. I am going to research being bilingual and talk about how important that can be. English is not the only language in the world and Greek is just one of the many amazing languages you can learn.
     I believe that planning my speech is going to be one of the most difficult parts of this project, but I'm going to do my best to make it the best speech out there.

4 comments:

  1. Do the best speech you can.

    Look for an innovative way to structure it.

    Maybe stand on one part of the stage and speak in Greek
    walk over to a second area of the stage and speak in English!

    If interested, I can connect you with this speaker!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMxg5H2CMI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great because my speech and speaking skills definitely need some improvement! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Hey Alex! I'm Angela, a future special educator at the University of Saint Joseph in CT. I'm going to be reading and commenting on your blog weekly :) I look forward to reading about your journey in learning Greek!

    ReplyDelete